Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Banning freedom of Ideas?

No offense to the Honorable Janet Napolitano, but she can kiss my butt. If you agree with me, and no offense to any readers from Arizona, let the wench know what you think.

Seriously, I enjoyed arguing with teachers, you learn more. You learn to go out in the world and not be a lemming, because you’ve learned to look at the issues and formulate and defend your own position.

I weep for our children, I really do. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and Al’s global warming will put us out of our misery before the future we are creating does.

PHOENIX (AP) -- A proposed state law would prohibit any instructor in a public school or college from advocating or opposing a political candidate or one side of a social, political or cultural issue that is part of a partisan debate

A group of Arizona lawmakers concluded Thursday that classrooms should not be forums for schoolteachers and college professors to espouse political opinions.

Supporters said the measure would let students disagree with instructors without fearing retribution.

However, college students and education advocates worry it would discourage instructors from leading discussions and debates on controversial topics.

As if we weren’t already considered slipping on educational and freedom of the press issues. I feel like I’m living in a V for Vendetta dream.

No comments: